Welcome to Seabury’s Fitness and Wellness Program!
Seabury has a nationwide reputation of being on the cutting edge of fitness and wellness. At Seabury, fitness is a way of life. The philosophy behind the program is individualized, safe, and effective programs for all levels of fitness. Our extensive Fitness and Wellness Center features state of the art Keiser pneumatic strength training machines, and a full line of cardiovascular equipment.
Our team of certified fitness professionals lead a full range of group fitness and aquatic classes which change quarterly and are designed around the needs and requests of our community. All of Seabury’s fitness programs emphasize balance and functional strength as those are key to staying well and active. The fitness and wellness team is also available for Personal Training. A full list of program and amenities is found below.
Stuck at home? We have you covered!
Our Fitness & Wellness staff have worked diligently to share exercises and strategies for staying in shape at home. We are uploading regularly so make sure you Bookmark the page! Please take the time to read the precaution pages before engaging in the exercises. If you have any questions, please email Matt McGowan, Fitness & Wellness Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try This Low-Intensity Home Routine!
Try This Moderate-Intensity Home Routine!
Try This Easy Fun Beginner Chair Yoga!
Beginner Stretches (Legs)
Moderate Hamstring Stretches
Spinal Range of Motion
Fitness Center Program and Amenities
Initial fitness and wellness orientation and functional assessment (strength, flexibility, agility, cardiovascular fitness and balance)
- Quarterly wellness check-in and mini functional assessments
- Individualized fitness programs
- Full line of Keiser pnuematic strength training machines
- Full line of cardiovascular equipment (Treadmills, Elliptical machines, Recumbent Bikes, Non-Impact Concept 2 Rowing Machine)
- Dance and Pilates Studios
- Full schedule of group classes that change quarterly (e.g. Core Essentials, Cardio Circuit, Yoga, Aqua Circuit, Functional Strength)
- Studio and aquatic classes with functional modifications (e.g. Mat Yoga, Gentle Joints, Basic Balance)
- Expansive pool and spa
- Personal Training
- Aquatic Personal Training
- Biodex assessment and training
- Nutritional Counseling
- Tai Chi
- Gaming Pavillion including: pickleball, bocce, ladderball, croquet, golf croquet, horseshoes, putting green
- Table tennis and billiards
- Four-plus miles of campus and woodland trails
- Intramural sports
- Fall 2019 Exercise Schedule
- Seabury Walking Trails
Fitness as a Way of Life
Seabury incorporates fitness and wellness into daily life. Beyond our formal exercise classes and training, many of our programs have significant fitness components including our biennial Seabury Games and Seabury Spirit Week. We have bocce tournaments, pool tournaments, walking and hiking groups, and our Annual Charitable Golf Tournament. Our 66 picturesque acres and four + miles of trails are available for your enjoyment. Seabury is located close to facilities for tennis, golf, and more.