Welcome to Seabury’s Fitness and Wellness Program!
Seabury has a nationwide reputation of being on the cutting edge of fitness and wellness. At Seabury, fitness is a way of life. The philosophy behind the program is individualized, safe, and effective programs for all levels of fitness. Our extensive Fitness & Wellness Center features state-of-the-art Helsinki University Research (HUR) air-resistance equipment and Keiser pneumatic strength training machines, as well as a full line of cardiovascular equipment.
Our team of certified fitness professionals lead a full range of group fitness and aquatic classes which change quarterly and are designed around the needs and requests of our community. All of Seabury’s fitness programs emphasize balance and functional strength as those are key to staying well and active. The fitness and wellness team is also available for Personal Training. A complete list of programs and amenities is found below.
Fitness & Wellness Center Program and Amenities
Initial fitness and wellness orientation and functional assessment (strength, flexibility, agility, cardiovascular fitness and balance)
- Quarterly wellness check-in and mini functional assessments
- Individualized fitness programs
- Helsinki University Research (HUR) Equipment (Air-resistance and SmartTouch technology for strength training)
- Full line of Keiser pneumatic strength training machines
- Full line of cardiovascular equipment (Treadmills, Elliptical machines, Recumbent Bikes, Non-Impact Concept 2 Rowing Machine)
- Three Group Exercise Studios
- Full schedule of group classes that change quarterly (e.g. Core Essentials, Cardio Circuit, Yoga, Aqua Circuit, Functional Strength)
- Studio and aquatic classes with functional modifications (e.g. Mat Yoga, Gentle Joints, Basic Balance)
- Expansive pool and spa
- Personal Training
- Aquatic Personal Training
- Biodex assessment and training
- Nutritional Counseling
- Tai Chi
- Zoom Classes
- Gaming Pavilion including: pickleball, bocce, ladderball, croquet, golf croquet and horseshoes.
- Ping Pong and Billiards
- Four-plus miles of campus and woodland trails
- Intramural sports
- Winter 2022-23 Exercise Schedule
- Seabury Walking Trails
Fitness as a Way of Life
Seabury incorporates fitness and wellness into daily life. Beyond our formal exercise classes and training, many of our programs have significant fitness components including our biennial Seabury Games and Seabury Spirit Week. We have bocce tournaments, pool tournaments, walking and hiking groups, and our Annual Charitable Golf Tournament. Our 66 picturesque acres and four-plus miles of trails are available for your enjoyment. Seabury is located close to facilities for tennis, golf, and more.