Seabury is proud to announce that our environmental sustainability mission has reached another milestone—our Bistro is now a 3 Star Certified Green Restaurant®!
What does this mean?
- Our environmental practices are verified by the Green Restaurant Association, a national nonprofit dedicated to making restaurants more sustainable
- We have earned 285.62 GreenPoints™
- The Bistro is 100% polystyrene foam-free
- The Bistro has reduced waste by 50% through recycling
- The Bistro meets or exceeds the Green Restaurant Association’s rigorous standards in categories like water efficiency, waste reduction, sustainable food and chemical/pollution reduction
See the Bistro’s full environmental report card here: https://www.dinegreen.com/g/RES16664.
First privately-owned Life Plan community for adults 50 and over in the United States to receive a Green Globes designation.
Our Geothermal system is currently handling 100% of 360-ton heating and cooling load. System is 100% self-sufficient.
Since 2018, our solar panels have generated 4.79 GWh power—enough to illuminate 110,000 LED light bulbs for one year.
The panels represent the equivalent of planting 87,625 trees and have saved:
- 2,486,904 gallons of water
- 385,867 gallons of gas
The Bistro's Green Restaurant Certification
We implemented a bi-weekly CSA box program offering local produce for purchase by employees, staff and At Home members.
Ozzi Reusable Containers (Eliminates use of 300 paper products per day).
We purchased a whole grass-fed steer from a local farm—using all cuts for our culinary program.
View Our Ozzi Video
Dedicated raised garden beds for growing and producing local herbs and produce for our culinary program.
Our Trails Committee maintains a 4-mile trail system.
Residents have created an environmental action community group: 50+ members strong.