In-Patient, Out-Patient and Home Care Services
If your physician prescribes therapy, Seabury can provide that service for you. Our rehabilitation staff provides therapy for residents in the surrounding towns as well as residents at Seabury. Therapy is provided at Seabury or in your own home. An evaluation to develop individual goals and the plan needed for your treatment program is the first step.
The goal of physical therapy is to maximize function and independence. Through careful evaluation and planning, individual programs are developed which include:
- Prevention of falls
- Modalities to address pain, edema, and range of motion needs
- Therapy after joint replacement
- Aquatic therapy
- Assistive devices to increase independence and function
Our occupational therapy program focuses on maximizing independence in functional daily living skills including:
- ADL (activities of daily living) retraining for independence and safety
- Therapeutic exercise for upper extremities
- Adaptive equipment recommendations and training
The speech therapy program focuses on maximizing communication and swallowing skills through individualized programs:
- Augmentative and alternative methods of communication
- Cognitive linguistic retraining
For further information about Rehabilitation Services by ProHealth at Seabury, contact Kelly Allen at 860-243-6078 or email@example.com.