The Seabury Charitable Foundation actively solicits and administers philanthropic gifts to support charitable services for older people provided through Seabury, Seabury Health Center, Seabury Assisted Living Services, Seabury Home Care, and Seabury Meadows. Seabury Charitable Foundation established a permanent endowment in 1996, and uses a portion of the income generated to fund programs and services benefiting individuals 60 and over, both on the Seabury campus and in surrounding communities. Other income is reinvested in the endowment to support future needs. Seabury Charitable Foundation funds are used to help meet the physical, social, financial, and spiritual needs of older people participating in Seabury health care services. Older people in need of housing and health care who may not have sufficient funds may benefit, as well as Seabury residents who may have exhausted their resources through no fault of their own.
- Promote the overall welfare and enhance the quality of life of persons served by Church Home of Hartford Incorporated (CHHI)/Seabury and any affiliated entity, including Seabury Memory Care Center, Inc (SMCCI).
- Solicit, receive and accept public and private gifts, grants and other funds in furtherance of the charitable purposes and mission of CHHI/Seabury and/or SMCCI.
- Make every effort to furnish financial assistance when needed to enable the people served by CHHI/Seabury or SMCCI to become or remain a resident of CHHI/Seabury or SMCCI facility.
- Promote education, enhance communication and develop innovative programs to maintain a high quality of life, and promote a diverse population of older people served by CHHI/Seabury or SMCCI.
- Assist CHHI/Seabury and SMCCI with the development, acquisition, improvement and support of residential and health care facilities.
Gifts to the Seabury Charitable Foundation can be contributed in many ways:
- Gift of cash.
- Trusts that pay you a specified income for life.
- Gifts of appreciated securities.
- Gifts of property, such as real estate, works of art, and automobiles.
- Designation of the Foundation as owner/beneficiary of life insurance policy.
- Donation of qualified retirement plan assets (IRA, 401 K).
- An annuity contract in which you are assured fixed income for life.
- In Memoriam or In Honor gifts by will.
For more information regarding Seabury Charitable Foundation, please contact:
Vice President, Community Life
It’s the Foundation of Everything We Do
To promote charitable giving to support Seabury, its residents and the communities we serve.
To revolutionize the experience of aging through charitable giving.
Since 1996, when the Seabury Charitable Foundation was established, it has been the heartbeat at the core of the Seabury mission – Seabury Enhances Lives. Seabury feels a strong moral commitment to those who have entrusted us with their care and to the communities in which we live and serve.
Seabury enhances lives through seven dimensions of wellness — spiritual, emotional, vocation, social, intellectual and environmental. The Foundation is a resource for supporting and advancing this commitment. A major function of the Foundation is to provide assistance to Seabury residents facing financial difficulty through no fault of their own. The Foundation also considers appropriate opportunities that enhance lives within the communities Seabury serves.
Projects & Purchases
Seabury Legacy Society
Gifts & Donations